Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Emilio Pucci

I am a huge fan of the Italian designer Emilio Pucci's bold patterns and striking colors. His fabrics are so unique and brilliant. He has a huge following in Europe and Japan. Below are a few examples of his work as well as a magazine spread on his palazzo. Emilio Pucci died in 1992 and his daughter Laudomia continues designing under the label. The label is now owned by the Louis Vuitton-Moet-Hennessy Group. This guy was a busy guy during his life. He was born to a marchessa and earned a doctorate degree in political science. He was a part of Italy's 1934 Olympic Ski team. His first design project was designing the team's uniforms. He was elected to the Italian parliament and opened his first couture house on the Isle of Capri. What a path to becoming a fashion designer! You can check out the label's website here and a peak at their 2008 collection here.


















Style Court (I'm a huge fan of Courtney's blog) has given a
great reference on who is likely the photographer of this
magazine spread of Emilio Pucci's palazzo in Italy.
You can find more photos on the palazzo here.

7 comments:

J Lee said...

Emilio Pucci's designs are gorgeous! So colorful and fem! LOVE IT.

Mélanie said...

I'm a fan too . Actually I love his design, MIssoni's design ...
I love his chair with his fabric , looks so gorgeous. Too bed it is so expensive

Style Court said...

Have you seen the Elle Decor UK coverage of that home?

Visit this photographer's site http://www.itopus.com and look under editorial.

Jennifer said...

Hi Karen. What a fabulous couture collection, and such an inspirational story. Have a very Merry Christmas!

All Things Bright and Beautiful... said...

Oh girlie - we so have similar taste!!!

I LOVE Pucci - what a great post - YUM - every time I'm in Lane Crawford I swoon past his gear :-) Next time I do - I'll think of you :-)

Alkemie said...

Jennifer: I thought his story was quite interesting too! Have a Happy Holiday!

Felicity: I discovered Pucci in Japan where they are nuts for his stuff. I always have to stop and drool over the patterns and colors. Lane Crawford in HK has really nice stuff....

Melanie: I love your posts on antiques!

Courtney: Thank you for the link, if you don't mind I'll add it to the post as a reference. The interesting thing is that photos from this post are out of fairly old issue of Elle Decor Hong Kong. They are probably the photographs she took.

Alkemie said...

Jen: Waiting for you to unveil your redesigned blog :P