Tuesday, January 8, 2008

French Macarons (macaroons)...Laduree - Part V

Laduree gifts and packaging are wonderfully girly and make beautiful gifts. They actually make more than just sweets of the edible kind. I was pleasantly surprised by all they offer including a very "mouth-watering" umbrella and playing cards with French ladies!

Laduree Perfume in a sultry bottle,
pink embossed candle, and a beautiful fan.

I love how their logo is embossed onto the container.

I've always had a weak spot for tea sets. Amazingly enough,
I recently found out that Jacky Chan - the amazing comedic
martial artist actually collects tea cups! Not very manly
but I find it to be a very cool quirk.

I'd love a set of these for myself :-)

Here's a bag with that ultra purple pastry I posted about
yesterday. Love it!

Playing cards with French ladies
garbed in the Marie Antoinette style.

And the beautiful wrap and presentation of Laduree gift boxes. I just love the
color palettes.

And I have to end with something quirky. An umbrella
doused with those amazing purple pastries (see post below
for the actual pastry.) It's definitely mouth-watering
and oodles of fun!


flow said...

im a sucker for tea sets as well... :)

so pretty!

jenn lee~

All Things Bright and Beautiful... said...

oohh Alkemie - this just keeps getting better!!

What's your grand finale going to be??!!

I'm sugar high dizzy in anticipation! :-)

M&Co said...

Adorable! Love the color scheme!

Villa Anna said...

Ahhhh I LOVE LADUREE! Quintessential Paris! Laduree was one of the most important places I HAD to visit during my trip to Paris last year. My poor husband and children waited patiently outside while I lined up for 40mins just to buy a small selection of Laduree macaroons. In all honesty it was the box and bag that I wanted more than the sweets themselves although they were completely divine.

I went to the Laduree salon on the champs elysees and it was one of the most stunning buildings I'd ever seen. Inside was dark and mysterious but ever so elegant. Unfortunately I was too shy to take photo's inside but I did manage to sneak some video footage lol.

Laduree will forever be a place I will visit everytime I am so fortunate to travel to Paris or London but next time I will definately have to enjoy the actual Laduree dining experience and sink my teeth into one of their sumptuous pastries.

Thank you for dedicating your week to such a wonderful subject!

Anna :)

Jennifer said...

I love the gift boxes and that umbrella is priceless. So cheerful!

Alkemie said...

Thank you girls for your wonderful comments!

Anna - I had to laugh when I read your post. I would have totally done the same! I totally love the macarons but I must admit that I'm a sucker for packaging and presentation as well. My outlook was forever changed after living in Japan when it comes to packaging - they package everything individually and beautifully with layers upon layers. If it isn't pretty, no one touches it - it's to excess. But the French have it to a fine art.

To the next time we have a chance to visit a Laduree salon. *Cheers*

Alkemie said...

Jen - the Umbrella is a lot of fun isn't it? ^_^

Mike said...

It be cool if I could hold on to that umbrella and fly away with the wind.