Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lulu Guiness - Whimsical Fancy

Lulu Guinness is one of my favorite bag and accessories designers. She has a special sort of whimsy and eclectic quality to her bags that no one else has. Very girly and whimsical. Here's a tour of some of my favorite items from her more current lines.

Welcome to Lulu Guiness London.

The little coin or cosmetic purse.

Lulu's Tattoos :)

I thought this clutch was especially cute.

I don't know that they sell them in the states, but in Japan -
Lulu Guinness hankies and small face towels are very popular.

The dotty sunglasses.

And something for the sophisticate. I quite
like the look of embossed leather.

I really like the look of this evening bag.

And of course her rug. Black roses on a white background.

Which one is your favorite? You can find more about Lulu Guinness
at Pigstown Design who also did a post about Lulu Guiness.

You can get to her post here.

All images courtesy of the Lulu Guinness website.


Mélanie said...

I haven't heard of this brand before . But now I'm going to check their website . very girlie and glamour , all what I love

Pigtown-Design said...

It's not too easy to find Lulu in the States. Sometimes at Nordstrom's and other upscale stores. WHen i lived in the UK, i used to see it a lot.

I did a piece about her last year:
http://pigtown-design.blogspot.com/2007/02/lulu-guinness.html with some really cute images. she's also got an e-newsletter you can subscribe to.

Nay-K said...

I love the "pearls of wisdom"-bag!

Rob @ I Love Substance said...

adorable stuff

flow said...

very cute!
i especially like that rug!

corine @ hidden in france said...

The best part of Lulu Guiness is her home! There was an article about her house years back and it's adorable. I have to find the article and post it.

Alkemie said...

Corine - I totally agree. I have my living room painted a similar color to her dining area in one of her homes.

Melanie - definitely check her out. She's got a unique style for a bag desinger :)

Meg - If you don't mind, I'd like to add your link to the post and I'll of course reference you. Her stuff is a bit harder to find here I agree.

Jen - I love the rug too!

Rob - I can't resist adorable lol.

Alkemie said...

Nay-K - I forgot to say that I really thought the pearls bag was adorable too! Thanks for coming by. I'm totally checking out your blog!

All Things Bright and Beautiful... said...

lulu guiness's home was in a magazine late last year if I remember rightly - actually thats no help is it -herse a shot it was either Vogue UK or US or Elle - HA thats still no help!!!!

Thats what happens when youread magazines at the hairdressers.

OK Im stopping now!!

I am digging myself in WAY to deep here!!!

Pigtown-Design said...

Thanks for the link... When I lived in the UK. my bestie came to stay with me. We did all of the standard London & Paris stuff. I took the photos I had and put them into the most perfect LG photo album... black with stylized London landmarks on it.

Villa Anna said...

I'm completely in love with that black embossed bag!

Anna :)

Jennifer said...

I'll take a Lulu Tattoos, please!

Janet said...

Lulu G's home was featured in the October 1999 Elle Decor (US). I'm trying to figure out where her coffee table came from and ended up here...?