Friday, March 7, 2008

Chanel's 2007 Campaign ~ Keira Knightly

In the fall of 2007, Chanel created its most expensive
campaign ever. Yes...I'm still posting on Chanel - I promise
it will be my last post on it for a while.

The campaign was shot in Coco Chanel's apartment
above her flagship shop in Paris - steps away from the
Hotel Ritz Paris.

Keira Knightley was really the perfect person to shoot
the ad campaign. I really love the way they paired a
striking red dress against the dark walls and fireplace.

I just love silhouettes.

Irina Lazareanu is the woman in the photo that Karl
Lagerfield himself took. Irina is Karl's latest muse.

I just wanted to show a photo of Coco Chanel herself
lounging in front of the same fireplace in 1959.

All photos courtesy of Google Images.


Brilliant Asylum said...

I am so glad Chanel decided to go with a fresh face for this campaign. Keira Knightly won me over--young and tres chic.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Very lovely! And I do so want one of those deer, too.

Things That Inspire said...

I often wonder what Keira Knightly is like in real life. She looks so very cool and remote.

Lovely post!

Rob @ I Love Substance said...

Is the Chanel influence from the last episode of Lipstick Mafia?
Or maybe it was 2 episodes ago..?

Either way, Keira is a great model to have for Chanel.

That silhouette shot is fabulous.

Alkemie said...

Brilliant Asylum - I so agree. I thought Keira was great pick for the campaign.

Maryam - I really got a kick out of the deer myself. Definitely eclectic but somethine very neat!

Things That Inspire - That's a good point about her. And it's probably what they wanted to capture about her as well in the campaign. Great observation.

Rob - I actually have never seen an episode of Lipstick Jungle. My newest series I really like is actually Cashmere Mafia. I may need to check out Lipstick Jungle as well from the sound of it.

Karen ^_^

All Things Bright and Beautiful... said...

Alkemie - I'm smiling here - I love your triologies :-) Gorgeous posts and interesting that they chose Keira.

hugs bug


The Peak of Chic said...

These images are great! I think Chanel also does great tv ads too, although I didn't care for the one with Nicole Kidman.

emily@designsmack said...

I didn't like the ones with Nicole Kidman, either. Something about those spots felt very fake.

Things that Inspire - I think Keira seems a bit aloof, but in some of her print interviews she seems very funny and normal. Hard to tell.

Alkemie - I love the red dress. Also, the choice to have Joss Stone cover "L-O-V-E" for the commercials was really smart, because it gave a very chic label a youthful more attainable vibe.

{this is glamorous} said...

Kiera Knightly is stunning in these shots! Also a fan of Irina Lazareanu--who's superhot these days.

acaligurl said...

anthropolgie has a trio of coco books and they are lovely. i will never get tired of your posts on coco chanel.

franki durbin said...

Kiera really has a glamorous air about her. She's gorgeous without looking common or boilerplate. And I have yet to find a bad angle anywhere on her. I agree, she is divine in this campaign. Lucky woman to have romped about in Coco's apartment for a full day!!!

Anonymous said...

please maximise your photos thank you.

Alkemie said...

ATB&B - I can't seem to get away from the trilogies and Long features. It's the OCD-ness, I'm telling you.

I like Nicole Kidman but I agree she wasn't a good choice for Chanel. I feel Keira is much better suited as well for their campaign. I've been seing much more of Irina as well these days.

A Cali Gurl - I 'll have to check out those books.

Franki - I totally agree. Lucky woman to have romped around the apartment the whole day and I've also yet to find a bad shot or angle of her as well!

ed said...