Friday, March 21, 2008

The Gramercy Park Hotel in NYC - Part II



Doesn't that look to be one of the most
romantic rooftop gardens to dine ever?
The rooftop garden club at the Gramercy
Hotel Park is gorgeous and I wouldn't
mind spending dinner and drinks there.



Here's a peak at it during daylight hours.
It would be quite a gorgeous place for
afternoon tea if I may say so myself.





Look at all the shiny bulbs above.
Very glam and sophisticated. Great
for a nightcap and a wonderul view.



Here's the stunning entrance to the restaurant
at the Gramercy Park Hotel.


Royal red carpet treatment - Literally...




The building that the Gramercy Park Hotel
is in was built in the early 1800's by Samuel
Ruccles.





A photo from the past of the same building.


And a current one after it was restored by
Ian Schrager to it's full glory.

I hope you've enjoyed this tour of the
Grammercy Park Hotel as much as I have.

All photos courtesy of the

6 comments:

h said...

Hi - elaborate on the setup a little more. The rooftop - that is not an actual open space isn't it? Is it a glass ceiling with vines growing across?
Also, what's that red curtain in the dining room area? Is it lighting? Can't make it out but I am intrigued. Would love to recreate the rooftop.

Alkemie said...

Hi h - Thanks for stopping by! he rooftop is encased by glass. The area on the roof where you can see a view - that is a red curtain. If you are talking about the main restaurant area with the red carpet, those are floor to ceiling curtains that are made with tassle like material instead of actual fabric with recessed lighting directed at it.

I visited your blog and am intrigued because you have some English words in it - but the rest is in a language I don't recognize.

Karen

Abbey Goes Design Scouting said...

I LOVE that rooftop! Looks delightful!

emily@designsmack said...

I would love to stay at the Grammercy (if someone else was paying, lol). Great pictures, Karen!

h said...

Thanks Karen!
My blog is in Estonian - it's 30 miles south of Finland. It is tough for English speakers to learn as my hubby can testify. But you'd love the architecture there!

All Things Bright and Beautiful... said...

Dear Karen, Those lights remind me of Philip Treacy's G Hotel in the foyer - what do you think?