Friday, April 18, 2008

Jamie Drake ~ Modern Moroccan Showhouse


Jamie Drake did a showhouse in 2006
that I thought was a really fun rendition
of a modern Moroccan room. It's not
the usual saturated color palette you
would have expected from Drake but
a considerably more neutral palette
considering very bold colors are used
in Moroccan decor. I really liked his
rendition of it though - very comfortable
and clean feel to it.



Very pretty painted patterns
on the Moroccan side table.







Putting a mirror on a mirrored
surface is a neat touch.



I've been really into grass wall coverings
lately but am totally in love with the
colored ones! The blue is so pretty.


AAhh lacquered surfaces - my favorite.



I love the bold yellow sunflower he used
on this blue wall - totally pops out.

Happy Friday everyone and have a
great weekend!

All photos from Jamie Drake's site.

12 comments:

All Things Bright and Beautiful... said...

Dearest Alkemie - Love this post :-) Colours - bit of exotic flavour - my kinda post ;-)

Have a great weekend :-)

hugs

FelicityXOX

M.KATE said...

love the morrocan theme, so exotic :)

Yoli said...

This is a beautiful post. The moroccan look and that last photograph with the sunflower and footed bench are lovely.

Nay-K said...

wow, great iteriors!

mandco said...

This blue grasscloth wallpaper is just amazing! I agree the colored ones are gorgeous!

Pigtown-Design said...

There's nothing I've seen by Jamie Drake that I haven't liked. Great stuff.

Style Court said...

Aalkemie,

Great point about Drake's lighter hand with the color. Love the tables and lanterns.

Alkemie said...

Thanks for coming by and all of your wonderful comments! They always make my day :)

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

ooh that blue seagrass is fab. Fyi, those side tables are not painted but inlaid:)

Alkemie said...

Thanks Maryam! I didn't realize they were inlaid. I can't wait to see more of your place.

Alkemie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alkemie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.