Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Dream Moroccan Home ~ in Marrakesh


I'm totally drooling over the first photo above, I would
love to have a bedroom like that.

I'm not sure whether I'm on a "Moroccan decor" streak
or "showcasing my design magazines" streak yet.
I think it started when I read Cote de Texas' post about
My Marrakesh's Peacock Pavilions. I've always Loved
Moroccan decor and totally fell in love with this house
published in Australia's Vogue Living magazine. This
home was built for a Scandinavian client who wanted to
meld Scandinavian architectural elements with Moroccan
design. A very interesting blend if I must say so myself.



Here's the cover of the gorgeous house. The
house is outside of the Medina in Marrakesh.


What a grand entrance! I really love it. The scale
is amazing with the height of the doors and I love
the stones in the water. Such attention to details.


Here is the actual entrance to the
home once you enter the property.



Very linear Scandinavian lines with
the gorgeous color of the tile actually
makes a decent blend.



Here's a very modern take on tiling in
the bathroom. I love how the mosaic
tiles cover all of the walls and the floor.


A very cozy and casual dining area.
Love the colors and small canopy
of the upholstered seating area.






No Moroccan home is complete
without a tea set for Mint tea.



The dining area lets out into
a nice outdoor seating area.



The Hammam is absolutely gorgeous.



A lovely courtyard.


This is a more traditional Moroccan
courtyard with a His and Hers canopied
nooks. Love it! It looks absolutely
perfect for lounging.



A beautiful outdoor raised pool completely
surrounded by tile. This is something different
as we usually dig our pools in the ground here.
It's quite lovely.


Just some different photos of more
Moroccan inspiration and color for you.


What a beautiful parasol!



And of course the camel, the animal
that is synonymous with the desert.

I hope you enjoyed this home as much
as I did and that it was able to give you
some inspiration.

All photos from Australia Vogue Living.

11 comments:

M.KATE said...

hi karen, absolutely fantastic, i want to stay (even for a short while) on one of those homes and the camel of course. and i've got 2 awards for you, an E for an excellent blog and a cute bear for a cute blogger too. hugs :)

M.KATE said...

..sorry didnt do the linking in my blog, want to give to everyone and my list is very looong :)

Cote de Texas said...

Thanks for the shout out! Great post!!!

Joni

BurĂ³ Loft said...

Congratulations! Fantastic blog, beautiful photos and very interesting links.
Best wishes!

corine @ Hidden In France said...

Yes, this is dreamy indeed. And morrocan food is just about the best in the world. I have a dozen cookbooks on the subject. So Design+ climate+food = paradise!

pinkstilettos said...

Great House- Interesting to look at! I like the court yard the best!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

That Marrakech house is so gorgeous. I have gone back and forth with the photographer who did that shoot. It's an amazing place!

Pigtown-Design said...

I love the layers and layers that make up this style!

Katherine said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all things Moroccan, so I was thrilled to see your post. It's quite hard to find Vogue Australia here, so thanks for bringing it to me! I work for Domino Mag, and just started my own design blog www.urbanfleadesign.com. I linked to your site, and would be forever indebted to you if you did the same for mine. In the meantime, cheers, and keep up the great work!
Katherine aka. Urban Flea :-)

All Things Bright and Beautiful... said...

Oh Karen - I am there, I AM THERE!!!

Marrakesh and Morocco are fab - tho I must say I love Turkey even more- its just easier to get around!

Anonymous said...

[p]Unwanted Together with Fundamental objective archery launching Happen to [url=http://www.airmaxruningshoes.com]nike air max shoes[/url] be Fears
Superior head ache in galore in classic concentrate on archery free up happens because do not deliver the items to sneak around the specific really effortlessly . In reality additionally, there are lots of people who happen to be enthusiastic about accumulating distinctive models of boots and shoes of unique [url=http://www.airmaxruningshoes.com]cheap nike air max[/url] manufacturers . The following Acquire Nike Sb Boots and shoes helps you potential [url=http://www.airmaxruningshoes.com]nike air max running shoes[/url] clients to use his or her do the job discern your own self . Generally if the piece of equipment price tags budget friendly, you'll choose to go with [url=http://www.airmaxruningshoes.com]discount nike air max shoes[/url] the software . A two rate market place is promoting, caused [url=http://www.airmaxruningshoes.com]air max free shipping
[/url] through an increase in perky lifestyle . Regrettably all the “Elite” knows about this kind of way nonetheless it offers all the details hidden out of the open public . + Product reviews complete a terrific approach of obtaining information and additionally guide add sellable products not to mention products . Scenario, pedal cars and trucks are actually renovated on the inside to always be healthier for the children to drive a car, while facade keeps the ones [url=http://www.airmaxruningshoes.com]cheap nike air max shoes[/url] common 1950’south queues.[/p]