Friday, August 15, 2008

Purple Design ~ The Gorgeous Designs of Orla Collins


Dublin born designer Orla Collins now lives in the UK.
She opened the doors to her interior design company
Purple Design in 2002 and has already built quite
a reputation. I just had to share with you some of her
wonderful designs.


Isn't this a most impressive and grand living room?


Her living rooms are simply divine.


A look into a simple but chic sitting area.


I'd have to say as bedrooms go, this one is pretty brilliant.



What a lovely desk to sit at.


A very cozy four poster bed.


I rather this design would suit a gentleman very well.


Love the open plan from the kitchen - looking
across the dining table to the living area.


Two bathrooms Orla designed that in starck contrast next to
each other. This woman has no qualms in using dark colors.






I thought the gradient of green paint
colors had a very neat effect.



And here's Orla herself.

So what do you think? Do we have a winner?

All photos from Purple Design.

12 comments:

Visual Vamp said...

Yes indeed we have a winner! Love the deep colors.

M.Kate said...

lots of WOW factor here, kinda hard to choose as everything is just perfect!

Ursie B said...

Definitely have a winner. So artistic and elegant. The color combinations are amazing.

franki durbin said...

Each and every image is better than the one before!

M.Kate said...

Hello Karen, tks for popping over..bat dung? really, no kidding..I think its batu caves, walking up 101 steps, its an indian temple, that the only cave with bat dung I know in Kuala Lumpur. I've not entered it either...leeches..no thank you :D

have a great weekend and keep inspiring all of us on your wonderful findings, much love and hugs ;p

Fifi Flowers said...

I love that bedroom! The chair down the hall is a great photo! Glamourous living! VERY NICE!
Have a great weekend... thank you for visiting me in France! ;) Fifi

Suzy said...

Indeed! I love the bathroom and the first image - my favorite colour palette!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oh it's all so beautiful but it almost looks like a showroom....I can't see any signs of life. Where are the magazines, etc.?

That green paint is just fantastic!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oh it's all so beautiful but it almost looks like a showroom....I can't see any signs of life. Where are the magazines, etc.?

That green paint is just fantastic!

Charm Hill - Lena said...

I love her use of purple, shes fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Mizz Jenna said...

Beautiful Images, thanks so much for sharing!

STYLE RUMORS said...

beautiful images,beutiful blog thank you thank you thank you :))