Friday, January 9, 2009

Chair Nook Inspirations (Reading Nook)



I thought I would end the week with Chair Nook or Reading
Nook inspirations. A favorite past time of mine is to read.
It's hard balancing all of those books and television series
I'm watching! But there's nothing like snuggling up under a
warm and fuzzy blanket in a comfortable chair on a Friday
night to read. Oh and a cup of hot tea of course.

I particularly love the nook above - it comes from a cottage
by the sea kind of feel. The Turquoise frames really pop
against the white background.


Photo from Bemz.

Here's an Ikea chair and ottoman that's been custom covered.


Photo from Living Etc.

Nothing like a nice, wide and comfortable chair to settle into.



Right Photo from Domino magazine.

Tufted chairs never go out of style. The French Bergere chair
to the right is covered with a wonderfully modern print.




The purple in this chair pops right out at you!




I was never really drawn to green until about a
year ago. It's quite a soothing and fresh color.




If you like Scandinavian furniture, here's a
nice example of a little nook with stacks
and stacks of magazines.




Love the patterned pillow against this fresh green chair.





Photo from House and Garden.

Contrasting piping makes for
great drama and aesthetics.



Photo from House and Garden.

You can never really go wrong with black and white.




A Jay Jeffer's wing chair.




Another Jay Jeffer covered Chair.
I adore the colors in the fabric.



This gorgeous chair is covered in custom fabric
by Angele Parlange. She took actual samples
of writing from old stationary from her ancestors
and created this fabric with it. Simply gorgeous.
I've always had a thing for words and writing in
design.




Creole Thrift: Premium Southern Living without Spending a Mint
by Angele Parlange


I bought this book a couple years ago and it is one of my
favorite books for inspirations. Angele Parlange is a designer
with deep family history in New Orleans. I highly recommend
this book - it's got history, a lovely house and beautiful inspirations
from Angele Parlange.

16 comments:

TheDecoDetective said...

The Angele Parlange chair is stunning! And the idea for the fabric is lovely! Btw, I borrowed a couple of photos from you for today's post. Hope you're okay with that - I've linked back to you.
Happy weekend!
Trudi

Erin said...

What a great post!! I would love to have a little reading nook in my home (I'll take one of these any day!)

Have a great weekend! :)

Tee said...

ahhh... the chair nook!!! I love that... I am so having one in my library... I already have the perfect chair for it :) Can't wait to have it done... Great blog... I shall come again for sure :)

Jennifer Lee said...

its like you always read my mind :) i've been thinking of creating a little reading nook in our space but couldn't decide where i would want to do it and so it just slipped away from my thoughts, but your post has definitely encouraged me to start thinking again. the purple, gorgeous printed fabric. i love it.

M.Kate said...

So many and so hard to choose. I thought I like the first one, then the 2nd one is nicer, then the 3rd one..ah..I like it all :D

dwellings and decor said...

Great post and a fabulous round up! I am really digging that handwriting upholstered chair.

Things That Inspire said...

I love that Angele Parlange chair. I have a fascination with quill and ink writing, which is why I took a calligraphy class last year!

I dream of having a comfortable chaise lounge in my bedroom so I can have a comfortable place to read. For now, I just read in bed!

Serialstyler said...

Loving this post. I want to be in that second chair right now! What brilliant colours in the fabrics. Very homely.

Beautiful Living said...

Great post. I have one of those frames in the first post, got it in Malibu a few years ago... Love how they made a nook area with wallpaper in the 3rd pic, definitly interesting.

Thank you for the compliments on my bathroom, am definitly looking forward to "dressing" and personalizing it!

Dagny :)

christian barnard landscape studio said...

The reading nook is such an important place for me, it needs to be uncluttered and comfortable.
I love the contrast between the very clean and contemporary lines of the white staircase and the bold playful statement of the furniture.

corine said...

Photo 1 and 2 have me bewitched.

CĂ©line said...

This is a lovely blog! Reading nooks are a favourite of mine...wonderful post. I'm new here at Alkemie - new to blogging in fact. Come see me at my brand new blog: puregreendesign.blogspot.com - I've added Alkemie to my blogroll, and I'd be honoured if you'd do the same! Hope to see you soon!

LindsB said...

I love that white chair with the black piping, so pretty. I need one like that for my reading nook.

K.Imaginelli said...

I love this post, especially the Angele Parlange chair. After reading this post, I wanted to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea. :)

ALfastudio said...

Thanks for the inspirations, they led me to restore a chair & write a post where your blog is mentioned with a link.

Mike said...

I'd love to see a close up of the purple chair to see what's written on it.