Monday, February 9, 2009

Office Work Spaces with Inspiration Boards

Many of us either work from home or need a space for
our projects at home. A great many of use inspiration
boards to put our favorite photos and ideas for inspiration.

I love how the inspiration board above is so huge
as is the table in the center of the room to work.

Drew Barrymore's office employs a huge
inspiration board that covers the expanse
of a wall.

Photo from Wardomatic

Inspiration in the workspace.

Photo via ArtEsprit

This is the desktop of Amy from Pikaland.

From Pottery Barn Kids

Thought this was a fun chalkboard/magnetic
from Etsy.

Another huge inspiration wall.

Here's a simpler ribbon board.

You can put almost anything on an inspiration
board - fabric, photos, objects that you can pin

I thought this was such a fun and creative
idea - to make a board from coffee sacks.
Marnie from MrrDesign makes these.
If you're interested, definitely email her
about them.

This photo from Domino shows an office
and living space together.

An office that was made over with a vintage
chair and inspiration board (Country Living.)

Looks like a his and hers or a mother
and a child's desk next to each other.

Photo from Unplggd

You can use any sort of background in a
frame to spruce up your inspiration board.

Here's a fun black and white damask
magnetic inspiration board from Etsy.

Craft rooms are also great places for inspiration boards.

Where Women Create: Inspiring
Workspaces of Extraordinary Women

This is one of my favorite books on beautiful
spaces that women have created for their offices,
craft. and work spaces. It's definitely work checking
out for gorgeous inspirations.


*SNYdesign said...

These photos are uber-inspiring:)

Marnie said...

Karen - I was surprised and delighted to see my recycled coffee sack inspiration board on your blog today - thanks for the pop. m

Beautiful Living said...

This post totally reminded me that I need to get my inspiration board up! It's taking me forever to unpack everything!

K.Imaginelli said...

love this post! so inspiring. thanks for all the pics!

Jan said...

Love these -always in need of inspiration !
Although - my S O would call it clutter :)

Jennifer Lee said...

i'm in the process of working on my desk space now so these are great inspirational images.


Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What a great collection of images.

coco+kelley said...

all of these are so great!! i'm working on my home office at the moment, and my inspiration board is looking pretty bare - time to get it to look like one of these!!

Sydney Plumber said...

WOW! What a great wonderful blog post amazing its really superb.... An excellent work...Keep it continue...

LindsB said...

I love these, I wish so bad that I had room for a huge inspiration board like these. Then I could finally get everything in my tear sheet binders up on the wall so I could see them everyday!

Miss Kris said...

wow Karen! You have inspired me to get out all my notebooks and place my favourite images and ideas on an inpirational board. Now I need to go get started...great idea!!!

Visual Vamp said...

Now this is my kind of comprehensive post!
The book looks good too.
xo xo

M.Kate said...

Many inspiring pictures, I am never enough of walls to put up everything . Hope you'll have a good week.

Pascale said...

J'aime beaucoup ces coins de murs ou l'on peut mettre des photos, des endroits ou l'on partage des petits bouts de vie...


Betsy said...

I love the all white creative room - very inspiring!

Fifi Flowers said...

These work spaces make me want to re-organize and CLEAN my office/studio loft area... I just not sure where to start... sigh!
LOVE these!

BoDy anD SouL said...

I was so inspired today after seeing your post about inspirational boards, I was definitely gona make some, and just got caught doing mundane boring stuff, I'll try not to delay it for long.

vicki archer said...

Love these boards especially the second, thirteenth and fifteenth. Off to change mine, xv.

christian barnard landscape blog said...

My workspace is awash with sketches, maps, photos, plans....A space of your own for creative chaos is important.

Black on White said...

I have always liked minimalistic, but those inspiration board are great! Inspiriting, indeed!

googler said...


Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I dream the collection should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

[p]The majority of these trees are found in Italy,Portugal and Spain . Custom fabric,leather,lining,hardware,logo etc could all be customized with a professional custom bag [url=]chanel bags sale[/url] manufacturer . After all, you would want to make sure that you get good value for your [url=]chanel bags uk[/url] money . if you live in an appartment) Focus more on technique, and precision than brute power in you kicks and punches Seek realism in your training and have a hard time finding sparring partners Can afford it Think it's hard to be creative, while shadowboxing in front of a hanging punching bag . I just touch [url=]chanel classic bags[/url] the product for unknowing how to express my mood exactly . Loewe represents the Spanish luxury level in some extent as it is the most important luxury brand . "A designer handbag can be an attainable treat to save for, something which can last for years and be passed down," she states . The collection pieces will begin selling in some days later . If you are fond of decorative [url=]chanel bags uk[/url] clutches, keep attention to her.[/p][p]” Barbara remarked . “There will be beautiful walnut beams and walnut [url=]chanel bags sale[/url] flooring . I hope you're now one step close to make the decision, whether or not the Century Body Opponent Bag might be for you . Cork harvesting is one of the planet’s best examples of a sustainable agro-forestry system [url=]chanel bags sale uk[/url] where people conserve their natural resources,without disturbing or destroying the environment . From plastic to canvas, including cotton . Prada products are all manufacture in Italy . Most often people like to use vegetable [url=]cheap chanel bags
[/url] tanned leathers for some very classic and vintage styles,such as tote,messenger and business briefcase bags . The web supplies a excellent location that you should discover the very best footwear on your own, without having shifting a good in . Just like the Acne bag, the fringed bags will bring you joyful mind this season.[/p]

Blogger said...

Discover how THOUSAND of people like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.

Get daily ideas and instructions for making THOUSAND OF DOLLARS per day FROM HOME for FREE.