Monday, February 16, 2009

Soothing Moroccan Bathroom

Hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend.
I just wanted to share one of my favorite bathroom
images with you. The blue in this bathroom is so soothing.
I actually put it on my computer desktop to keep myself

I especially love the rocks used for the flooring.
The small vanity area with the bowl sink is
so lovely.

The bathroom was designed by Robin Bell.

Marrakech: Living on the Edge of the Desert

For more inspiration on Moroccan styled designs,
here's a book on modern living in Marrakech.

New Moroccan Style: The Art of Sensual Living

This is a great book that mixes traditional
and modern Moroccan style.

Living in Morocco: Design from
Casablanca to Marrakesh

Great images and inspiration from traditional
and real life places in Morocco.

Images from House Beautiful.


Laura Casey Interiors said...

Karen- We were both having the Moroccan vibe at the same time today! Love the bathroom and thanks for the book references. Laura

DesignTies said...

Simply beautiful... what a refreshing, light-filled space!!
Victoria @ DesignTies

sofeaann said...


*SNYdesign said...


annechovie said...

Karen, that is my all-time favorite bathroom! I saved those tear sheets from the magazine in my files. That's a great screensaver!

TheDecoDetective said...

That floor is absolutely yummy! Makes me long for summer... We're alternating between snow and rain here in Norway at the moment, so I need everything that's filled with colour and/or light =) Thank you for helping out!

wide open spaces said...

I just posted on Morocco & then came here and more beauty...!

kate said...

I love that bathroom. I would be in that bathtub all day if I could.

christian barnard landscape studio said...

Fun and upbeat, I am really feeling this guys style.

Ryan Kay said...

I'm doing my kitchen in Moroccan, you have some beautiful pictures! I love your style! :)

Anonymous said...

i went to morocco for 5 mths and i must say it was the most beautiful place ive been to.. and to decorate your house in moroccan style is a MUST!!!! i love the art, style , culture look and i plan to decorate my house with the same vibe... :} if your looking for real moroccan decorations such as plates, pots, tables, etccc! visit " " ive visit this place in person. its worth looking and buying.. :}

Anonymous said...

[p]New Year approaching ten "Red China" handbags
In [url=]louis vuitton canada[/url] 2013 Qiaoranerzhi blink of an eye to the Year of the Snake Chinese New Year time . Bridge to make new large condenser classic chic [url=]louis vuitton canada outlet
[/url] Louis Vuitton Alma handbag
Large publicity photos taken by Steven Klein, depicting a group of lively young woman traveling around the world and the story of the encounter of the three cities of Paris, New York and Shanghai . Black strap high heels midnight dark blue broken crystal-studded [url=]louis vuitton bags canada[/url] upper shine . The new Armour series include two backpack, mobile shopping bags, zipper handbag and bracelet popular single product, introverted crocodile embossed leather trim outlines the armor strong profile, the rivet set off with the star point to Armour in the name of tribute . Classic Code has injected new [url=]louis vuitton canada online[/url] vitality . 20 years ago, Prada has attracted a large number of followers with minimalist black nylon backpack . New Year approaching ten "Red China" handbags
In 2013 Qiaoranerzhi blink of an eye to the Year of the Snake Chinese New Year time . The classical tradition, innovation

The Line D Elys篓娄e leather series designed to pay attention [url=]louis vuitton purses canada[/url] to balance.[/p]