Friday, April 17, 2009

Creative Spaces and Craft Rooms

I've always been fascinated with great studios and craft
rooms. The organization, tools of the trade and inspiration
in craft rooms really inspire me. This post showcases the
fabulous craft room of Jenny B Harris who has a wonderful
blog called All Sorts. Jenny is a children's book illustrator as
well as being very talented with crafts.

Isn't her work space so fun and inspiring?

Her sewing and ironing station.

What a creative way to store craft supplies!
It's a great way to showcase colors and texture.

I really love the red checkered pattern
against the green turquoise color.

I always wanted a dollhouse when I was young.
Who am I kidding, I'm still fascinated with them...

Totally cute! It takes skill to make a dollhouse!

Kaleidoscope: Ideas and Projects
to Spark Your Creativity

We can all use inspiration and creativity in
our lives. I have some favorite books on
creative ideas to share with you. Sometimes
looking at ideas and projects that others have
done can really spark some creative ideas.

12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women
A Portable Mentor

This is a really awesome book about crafty
and creative women who really took their
"craft" and really made a life around it.

The Organized & Inspired Scrapbooker

Into Scrapbooking? This is a fun book on
scrapbooking and creating a workspace
for your scrapbooking and supplies.

Where Women Create: Inspiring
Workspaces of Extraordinary Women

Last but not least is my absolutely favorite
book on studios and creative work spaces.
The studios and work spaces featured in the
book are absolutely gorgeous. This book is
definitely a must have if you're looking for
inspiration to design your own work space!

Have a delightful weekend~

Photos from All Sorts


Jade Creative said...

All Sorts is definitely candy for the eyes. I've been thinking about revamping my work space. I need all the inspiration I can get.

bluehydrangea said...

I want a craft you know where I can get one? All the bright colors just make me happy!

Natalie said...

A lovely creative space!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zoe said...

Ohhh...gosh i love this craftroom so much:)


vicki archer said...

Too cute for words - sweet post. Have a wonderful weekend, xv.

Lia said...

We made a bedroom in our apt into a studio (it still has a murphy bed for guests). We had the floor tiled in black vinyl with bright red, yellow and blue tiles interspersed. I just wish I spent more time in there!

maureen said...

I would love to have a craft room & have a place to be creative & messy at the same time!

manon 21 said...

j'adore ce monde de l'enfance.

je rĂªve de faire une petite maison !!
bon dimanche

Angela Darling said...

I love that craft room! If any of you are interested in "Where Women Create" I would tell you to buy it! I love my copy. It's very inspiring

Down Comforter said...

What a fun space! Too cheery for words :)

smileybella said...

SO loving this creative kids space - so delicious, I want nibble it!

Betsy Head, Affordable Interior Design said...

The red/aqua combo is so fun!


Fada Moranga said...

These rooms are so wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing! :-)*

Kendrah said...

OH wow, those rooms are so colorful and amazing! That's really an inspiration! Thank you for sharing them with us. I'm going to be working on my own craft room's organization soon, and I'll have to make sure to keep these ideas in mind. I'll be getting a really great craft desk from this website eventually, and some of those pictures really give me ideas on how to organize things within the desk to better display them. Thanks again!