Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pavillon De La Reine - Chic Parisian Boutique Hotel

I seem to be in a Parisian hotel mood lately.
Ahh Paris. The scene above looks so lovely.

This is the back of Pavillon De La Reine - a gorgeous boutique
hotel in Paris. The hotel has 56 individually decorated rooms -
each with different designs. I just love all of the green on the
facade of this building.

I have a complete fascination for the printed
word and calligraphy. One of their suites is
decorated with super sized historical documents.
Cool isn't it?

Here's what the rest of that suite looks like.

Here's a lounge area. Love the chairs! Lots of character.

This room is sultry yet cozy. Definitely big on ambience.

A pop of color really brightens this room up.

If you like a more country feel, this room may be for you.

This room has a very romantic canopy bed
and rustic beams on the ceiling for good measure.

This suite almost looks out of place in its decor as it's fun
and whimsical. However, each of the rooms and suites
are individually decorated so you never know what you'll
get!


I love the beams on the ceiling of this suite.

Even odd shaped rooms look charming in this chic hotel.

The bathrooms are modern with every convenience.

I really love this bathroom!

Embroidered robes.

As this hotel is in Paris, the rates are a bit steep starting
at 380 Euros per night. If you're interested, definitely
check out their website here.

Paris, Hotels and More

Excerpt from Paris, Hotels and More

Paris has a lot of really charming and beautiful
boutique hotels. I've got 3 recommendations on
books that give some great suggestions - all with
beautiful photos and all of the pertinent information.

Cool Hotels Paris

I think the name of the book says it all.

Boutique and Chic Hotels in Paris

And if you notice on the cover of this book of
chic hotels in Paris - it is none other than a suite
at Pavillon de la Reine. I just picked this book
up over the weekend. All of them are great
resource books - if not just to look at the photos
of the different hotels!

Photos from Pavillon de la Reine,
Sherman's Travel mag, and Amazon


14 comments:

Fabulously french said...

I love the hotel, I also have it bookmarked as one of my favourites - which I hope to try one day soon.

Cordialement,

Leeann

Nancy @ La Chambre Rose said...

Beautiful. Stopping by for decor ideas. Thanks.

Yoli said...

Karen, I am dreaming of going back to India and now you have side tracked me!!! LOL. Beautiful.

Patricia Gray said...

Everywhere I look I am tempted to visit Paris. My girlfriend is leaving on Saturday for 2 weeks and I am so envious. This Hotel you have featured looks divine!
Patricia

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I love the oversized documents!

Jessie {A Punctuated Life} said...

Ah, Paris. I've never been in the spring time and I'm sure it's a completely different atmosphere!

I feel like you probably follow decor8 already, but if not, I think you'd love the Moroccan floor that was in this post: http://decor8blog.com/2009/04/06/amazing-moroccan-office-in-marrakech/

I know I did and it's the first thing I thought of when you mentioned your love of calligraphy!

royal creme said...

Somehow the country room disappointed a little, but everywhere else there were beautiful colors, themes and of course what is Paris if not sexy? I will not return without first going to one of these beautiful books.

Anettes hus said...

You have a beautiful blog:) Lovely photos!!

Klem Anette from Norway:)

MamaTiaMia said...

Fabuloussss paris,love Paris,love the building,the cobblestones street..how i wish i could go there again.Gorgoeus picture you have here.

Paris Atelier said...

So beautiful! What a dream. To be in PAris at all is fabulus but stay in this hotel...amazing! Gorgeous post!
xoxo
Judith~

from the right bank said...

I've been in the same mood as you! I'm planning a trip to Paris in May so I was recently blogging about Paris hotels, too.

You have a really lovely blog. I only discovered it recently so I'm looking forward to browsing your archives.

Meade Design Group said...

I need to go there so badly - lol - I need a spring vacation in Paris.

My Notting Hill said...

Great interiors - really love the lounge and the room with the oversized document.

Roller Blinds said...

Oh! What style! It maybe a bit expensive but for a special treat, it maybe worth spending a night at this hotel. Check out our window treatments at http://www.meritblinds.co.uk