Monday, April 20, 2009

Wall Collages and Wall Art ~ Decorating Walls

You can get pretty creative when decorating walls
with art and collages. This post focuses on desk
spaces and wall collages. I really love that the painted
frame on the wall looks like molding. Putting a frames
within a frame is not a new idea but this is a pretty
fun example.

A desk or craft area is a great place to fill the walls with
inspirations and finished pieces that can be shown off on
the walls.

Here's a more traditional take in an office with an
antique desk. The black and white photos and frames
give the room a more modern twist.

You can tell the owner of this room is probably eclectic and
a world traveler with pieces and colors from around the world.

Stringing up cards can be a great way to decorate your desk.

In lieu of an inspiration board, why not just make a collage on
the wall where your desk is? You can just keep adding on!

Here's a collage of small frames and
photos around the fireplace.

Ever wanted to cover your entire wall
with a collage? This is what it would look
like.

Here's a more organized way to cover
the wall in floor to ceiling with photos.

And this is a true collage - pictures of every size and
shape. It almost looks like the owner decoupaged
the wall!

Anyhow, I hope this has given some of you
some fun inspiration for your walls.

18 comments:

smileybella said...

Gorgeousness!

Jan said...

Great ideas!

Nay-K said...

cool ideas!

Zelda said...

hi dear . I'm back to kuwait and have access to blog again .... you've been busy !!! :-)

Susan Lang @ Designing Your Dream Home said...

My refrigerator tends to be my collage! With Spring cleaning upon me, I plan to take all the photos of family and friends, special quotes, invitations, newspaper clippings, etc. off to clean. I was thinking I might leave it naked for awhile which won't last long. Maybe hang a burlap covered board on the kitchen wall and use it instead.

SimplyGrove said...

You picked the greatest examples!! Lovely post:)

from the right bank said...

The sixth and seventh photos have long been inspirations for me. It inspired me to make an inspiration wall in my office (and lots of pinholes in the wall!).

my favorite and my best said...

i love those personal spaces. i could stare at them like a highlights find it for hours,
great post.
xoj

Erica said...

i always had a collage above my desk in college... i think it's time to try that again!! gorgeous blog :) xx

DesignTies said...

I really like seeing fun and creative ways to hang artwork. There's so much more you can do than hang a picture frame on a nail!!

Kelly @ DesignTies

Pigtown-Design said...

I have a huge roccoco frame above my desk and it's become a collage.

TheDecoDetective said...

Funny, I'm just trying to figure out how to decorate my working space. And here's your post with lots of ideas! I love wall display posts almost as much as I love wall displays... Photo no 5 is gorgeous!
Trudi

Fada Moranga said...

Fantastic! I love these ideas!
Have a great weekend! :-)*

Down Comforter said...

Great photos - the last one is crazy :)

Estrella said...

Totally using the photo wall!! great idea

iva yaneva said...

oh, this is so inspiring! :)

Lauren Conroy said...

what was used in these pictures to keep the pictures on the walls?

laura@printing-instagram said...

Hey! I blog about tips for displaying printed instagram photos. I often look around to find cool and different ways to display photos so I can blog about it. The ideas that you have got here are awesome, thank you for sharing and thank you for the inspiration!