Monday, May 18, 2009

HGTV's Pure Design and Samantha Pynn - A Feminine Space

One of my favorite shows on HGTV right now is
Pure Design which is hosted and designed by Samantha
Pynn. She is absolutely brilliant with texture, color - not
to mention everything she does is green and eco-friendly.

I totally loved this space that she redesigned for a mother
and her young daughter. It's got enough whimsy and romance
for her daughter, yet is still sophisticated enough for adults and
entertaining.

Projects include keeping and repainting her dining table and
china cabinet as well as reupholstering some furniture.

The fireplace was totally repainted and the
furniture recovered in bright and fun fabrics.

A window bench was built in
with storage underneath.



A light and neutral gray on the walls provided the
perfect backdrop. The chandeliers provided the
perfect touch of glam.

I really love this wood stump
that serves as an end table.

The china cabinet was really old fashioned,
but a new coat of paint really did wonders for
it. It was repainted in a powder blue-gray.

In the dining area, Samantha covered the entire
wall with personal photos printed and framed in
black and white. Just stunning.

I've totally fallen in love with Samantha Pynn's
designs and so I'll be showing more of them.

$500 Room Makeovers
by Lisa Quinn

This is one of my favorite budget design books.
Full of fun projects and room designs of all sorts.

HGTV's Before & After Decorating

HGTV has some pretty good publications and
the Before & After book is no exception. There's
some really great ideas in this book and it's really
reasonably priced.

Photos from HGTV Canada


15 comments:

www.designfabulous.com said...

Really love that room. I am going to have to check out that show, I have never seen it. I love the color palette. Grey and pink is my fav right now. My favorite part, the mirror above the firplace. I like the mirror itself, but also how it is proped up there and kinda low. I brings the profile of the room down to the level of the lowback furniture and keeps it all together, perfect scale.

DesignTies said...

I love this space that Samantha designed. That art gallery wall was the inspiration for a similar wall in our house :-)

Samantha's rooms are often featured in Style At Home magazine (she's the design editor for the mag).

Kelly @ DesignTies

Angela Darling said...

I love HGTV, but somehow I keep missing Pure Design. I love that room;it's gorgeous! As for the $500 makeover book. I have that, too. I love the one that's the girly dining room with the pink and green. I love all those bright colors.

Tamstyles said...

I dont recall if I dont you, but my sofa is back! its on my blog.

sophiedahydesigns said...

To always have lovely peonies in your home, check our shops at sophiedahydesigns.com and ETSY.

Eden Rose said...

beautiful rooms, love the black with pink, stunning x

Kara @ KSS said...

Wow I really love that space!! The colors all look so wonderful together. It's bright but not gaudy or overbearing. Very nice. :)

Urban Flea said...

What a fun space, I love how they use accessories to add the color rather than paint or wallpaper. Pure Design is one of my favorite shows as well, great minds think alike!
xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
www.urbanfleadesign.com

kay* said...

love love love this show! i can't wait for new episodes to begin airing 0- i've seen them all!

corine said...

This is a feminine space but it has a backbone. very nice!

Meade Design Group said...

Very well planned space - the detail with the black butterflies on the fabric is really cool.

Tricia Mitchell said...

I really like the overall balance in these rooms. They have a real beauty to them along with a real practical, livable component. There is a freshness with the white but the subtle punches of color keep it soft and pretty.

Tricia - Avolli

Down Comforter said...

Such a pretty place! My 2 favorite features are the blue & white fabric ottoman & the wood stump end 'table' :)

pinkstilettos said...

This is oh so pretty! I love the butterflies!! Daisy~

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!