Friday, May 29, 2009

Personality Hotels in San Francisco - Chic Hotel Design

If you're ever thinking of taking a jaunt to my
neighborhood of San Francisco, there's a wonderful
string of boutique hotels called Personality Hotels.
They offer a great range of rates ($79-$750 which is
quite a range) and all of their hotels are very near
Union Square which is a highly desirable and convenient
location for many visitors who come to San Francisco.

The beautiful facade above is the Hotel Steinhart.

I love this huge green chandelier that
hangs in Hotel Vertigo.

Hotel Frank has very lovely decor
with lots of turquoise accents.

The turquoise carries through all of their rooms. I love
how this space has an open plan with a lovely tub in the
background. Aren't the hanging pendant lights fabulous?

Here's another layout with the but in front of the window.
What a place to take a bath!

Here's a room with a more traditional layout although the
television is in a fabulous place for those who love to lounge
in bed to watch tv (which I love to do on trips at the end of
a day to unwind.)

Here we are at the fabulous Hotel Vertigo with a decidedly
sophisticated modern design of their rooms.

Love the pops of Orange in this hotel's theme.

Their bathrooms are very new and up to date.

Love their sinks.

What a cool tall bench with contrasting orange
fabric on the backing of the bench.

And last but not least, I'm totally in love with this sitting
area. The orange couch and especially the organic wood
side table and coffee table are fabulous. It's a great blend
to make an eclectic yet sophisticated look.

Photos from Personality Hotels


Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Karen, these are great! Love all the different rooms. Now I have some new hotels to recommend to visitors. Perhaps I'd like to check into one for a night!

Anonymous said...

I stayed at the Hotel Frank 2 weeks ago. I really, really wanted to love my stay. I had stayed here when it was Hotel Max and was excited about the transformation and couldn't wait to see it for myself. The services was fabulous and room was very spacious. However a few design details seemed to miss the mark. I was really, really looking forward to the rainshower but given the fact that the water pressure is so lousy, water flowed (actually, trickled) out from only half the showerhead. Maintainence came to take a look and we were told that this was a common complaint and there is nothing they could do. So the spa-like showers I was hoping for were far from it. The carpet looks cool but the grey comes off looking as dingy even if its not. Great location, great service, thought.

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Karen, I just posted about the Hotel Vertigo. Love that tangerine! Thanks again for this post!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos. but the designs seems nice at first glance, but looks like it's trying to hard for the old hollywood glamour and resemblance of Kelly Wearstler... I also remember seeing that bedside lamp from the rosevelt hotel suite.

Rachel said...

That green chandelier is to die for!!! How unusual and cool!!

Maggie May said...

Thank you for this! We might be taking a family trip to SF this summer.

Danika Herrick said...

How stunning! I am in love with the rooms at Hotel Frank... need to book a trip!

ed said...


Down Pillow said...

What beautiful places to call home away from home :)

Tempurpedic said...

There are many great ideas in these images.


Jessica Claire said...

I am so drawn to the herringbone-esque carpet!

Anonymous said...

Can I post your post to my wordpress weblog? I'll add a backlink to your forum. That’s one really great post.

my page how to increase chances of getting pregnant