Thursday, July 9, 2009

Joe Schmelzer - Fabulous LA Photographer

I recently stumbled upon a fabulous LA based
photographer. His name is Joe Schmelzer and
is a very versatile photographer. I thought his
interior photographs were amazing. Schmelzer
shoots for magazines and celebrities. His website
shows a great selection of his portfolio. All of his
interior photos are beautifully lit and show the
perfect amount of detail or mood.

I love this brightly lit dining space. Tons of
windows for light and a lot of warm wood

I love bright and white kitchens. Here's a gorgeous
little nook with beautiful shelving and hardware.

Gives new meaning to a kitchen makeover. I think this is a
really great look that blends modern with organic wood

You can't really go wrong with a glass back splash in a kitchen.
The black cabinets give the kitchen an edge - it adds depth.

The modern choice in chairs is an interesting
juxtaposition to the more traditional wood work
in this office/library. Blending styles can create
interest in a room with its contrasts.

What can I say, I love lucite. It's so
versatile you can put it in any room.

The mod chandelier in this hallway is totally
awesome. The fun portrait with the wallpaper
give it an eclectic feel.

I'm thinking Palm Beach with Hollywood Regency
influences here. Love the furnishings.

Here's a closer look with the details.

The red pillow and patterned curtains give this
otherwise neutral bedroom a nice little pop,

I love the mood captured in this room. Very fitting.
I don't know about you but I'm lusting after some
of those chairs.

Don't you wish your garage looked like this?
Let's see...Summer project perhaps?

Hope you enjoyed Joe Schmelzer's interior photos,
I'll be showcasing more later on.

All photos from Joe Schmelzer


Piper Jacquelyn said...

The picture of the kitchen nook with the open shelving is one of my favorite kitchen pictures ever. He does great work, thanks for sharing!

Ann said...

Gorgeous set of interior photos... love the white kitchen cabinet shot:)

Marnie said...

like the interiors - the garage is pretty spiffy too - my studio is in the garage - i would love to have a fancy floor like that -

Norine said...

I would move into that office in a heartbeat. And that big beautiful room with the chairs you are lusting after totally puts me in mind of the italian villas I have been lusting after lately --

pk @ room remix said...

Great photography! Love the bedroom with the red pillow...

Joanna Goddard said...

beautiful! i love that kitchen.

Dagny @ Beautiful Living said...

Wow, love the room with the gold/lucite chairs!

Tommy Bahama Bedding said...

Nice work :) I like that his portfolio shows a good range - from light & airy to dark & moody.

Porchlight Interiors said...

So many gorgeous images here but the black kitchen and the library really stand out to me...gorgeous! Tracey xx

Song of Style said...

karen i'm back!
i shall see u next wed..?

aimeeways, LOVE the second photo... the photo arrangement and the well lit dining room is amazing

Lindsey said...

Great photos, I especially love the little nitch. Love it!

{ Lindsey }

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

that kitchen is simply gorgeous! love your blog!

Girl Japan: April Marie Claire said...

It has been utterly way too long since I have been by but I had to move, fire, etc, etc etc....... I swear I have a good excuse...and trying to rid a toxic friend out of my life was sad but it needed to be done.... "sigh"

Having said all that, you can never have enough counter space... SPACE in Japan does not seem like a word that is even pliable.

Dumbwit Tellher ♥ said...

Great inspiration. Anyone have a bulldozer..time to re-do my spaces?!

Fifi Flowers said...

FAB decor as usual! BTW I borrowed one of your FAB chair redos for my Monday post with a link to you... I hope you don't mind!