Thursday, December 17, 2009

Kyle Schuneman's Fabulous Makeover for Tyra Bank's Office

Earlier in the year, I did a post on a wonderful
L.A. based interior and set designer called
Kyle Schuneman. He did a makeover for
Tyra Bank's office earlier in the year which
I think is absolutely fantastic. You can tell
that his makeover would be affordable for
the average person.


I adore looking at before and after photos. And
what a huge difference it is before and after!


Kyle really did wonders for this office. Seeing the
before and after photos really gives one a sense of
the transformation that took place.


The photographer responsible for much
of Kyle's fantastic work is Joe Schmelzer.




I adore the mirrored dresser. Kyle put a lot of
mirrored finishes aroudn the office for a super
chic and glam feel.

Here are some closer up photos of the office.


He found room for a chaise and a little
mirrored end block to serve as an end table.



The frames are so much fun.


The purple colored water in the vase
is a cheap way to create an absolutely
awesome detail.

So what do you think? You can totally
tell that he made this transformation on
a reasonable budget. I couldn't help
but go nuts over this office!

Photography by Joe Schelmzer


15 comments:

Rdekko said...

Ι loved this office. Really feminine and cute. I really loved the small mirrored endside table. I also say that i adore your blog. Stop by mine if you like.

Atticmag said...

Hi Karen, thanks so much for stopping by. I have to tell you, when I saw that first Royal Copenhagen table with those lush, lush, lush purple chairs, I thought of you and your love of that color. So glad you popped over when you did ;)

The first side by side before/after on Tyra's office is inspiring. The new colors add a sense of depth that was lacking before. Putting that image in my personal inspiration folder since I'm getting back into blues for my home.

Best, Jane T.

Zia Meadows said...

Wow it works so well and the touches are so elegant but still very practical, I like it!

jess said...

Thanks for the post. It just shows that style doesn't have to be expensive! I recognize that little sofa from Urban outfitters and the black oval ornate frames I believe are from ikea!!! He did a great job!

Best,
Jess

Mango Gal said...

Great transformation! I love that grey sofa!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer Lee said...

very fem chic! i want an office like that :)

ChicTip.com said...

Great Transformation!! The before pictures are so blend and have no character. The after pictures are so glam - not too feminine - I love it!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raru said...

Lovely.
I really like the colors of the new one. It looks amazing.
I want to thank you for sharing this picture with us.
Have a great Sunday.

Raru
79ideas.org

Raru said...

Lovely.
I really like the colors of the new one. It looks amazing.
I want to thank you for sharing this picture with us.
Have a great Sunday.

Raru
79ideas.org

sketch42 said...

I heard Tyra was really cheap.... actually she admits it all the time! That office looks like it was put together for less than $5000.... I dont think its really appropriate for a mega-mogul! Am I nuts?

Katherine Lee said...

I'm loving that office. I kind of have an obsession with offices, probably because I don't have one of my own, and this really would fit my bill. Thanks so much for sharing!

xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
http://www.urbanfleadesign.net

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

Such an awesome redo. Isn't it amazing how a clean, inspirational space makes work so much easier?

Terrancemnxb said...

very fem chic! i want an office like that :)