Monday, January 25, 2010

African Safari Style - Makanyane Safari Lodge


One of my dream places to go on a luxury tour is Africa.  Of course
I'm really going to have to save my pennies because these luxury
lodges are definitely not cheap running at several hundred to several
thousand dollars for one night.  But in the mean time, I can certainly
drool over these fabulous places.  One thing I adore in many of these
lodges are real fireplaces with canopies in the bedroom.
 

It's a great inspiration for any of you who would love that African safari
style.  This lodge is called Makanyane Safari Lodge and it is located in
the northern part of South Africa.  It consits of a main lodge witih 8
individual suites.


Can you imagine staying in a suite where an
elephant is literally steps away from your room? 


I don't believe I've ever seen an upscale African lodge with a
bed and sheets that do not look like the epitome of comfort.


Love the open concept bathing idea.


Better than many spas.





Even the private decks at this lodge give chances for wild life viewing.


What a way to take afternoon tea.  Count me in for sure!


Or take it from your own deck.


The main lodge.


The wall of branches are so cool.


A small infinite pool with fabulous lounge chairs. 


For lounging with a loved one or reading, this is definitely the spot.


It's so romantic at dusk.  Dusk is one of my favorite parts of the day.


How about a traditional outdoor meal.


What an awesome experience to view the wild
life of Africa from a lounge chair.


Of course you'll get a better view up close and personal on a safari.





Never imagined elephants in a field full of
yellow wild flowers.  It's almost fantastical.



And mother nature is a force - it's fearsome
and awesome at the same time.

If you've ever thought of having an African
styled safari room, hope this has provided
some great inspiration.


21 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

This is so like something from a movie set, just magical.

melifaif said...

Oh please take me there!

Jan said...

Stunning scenery.
I seriously doubt I'd get much sleep though !

splendidmarket said...

is this in the Seregetti?

Jill Seidner | Interior Design said...

These images are amazing! I have always wanted to go on a safari...now I even want to more so! (Although, a little scary knowing an elephant could be "lurking" right outside my window!)

Yoli said...

I have been in love with this place since I saw it featured on another blog. It is stunning. I hope one day to stay there. I have always loved Africa and the thought of having that close an experience with nature, thrills me.

Jürgen said...

Maravilloso!. He visto fotografías de otros edificios similares en la selva, con la piscina directamente en los árboles. Espectacular, espectacular

design cocktail said...

Wow! I'm so glad you posted this, where did you find out about this place? the canopy is awesome and the photo with the elephant near the glass of the bedroom is amazing! looks like an incredible place to stay. I will definately have to re-post this and link to you from my blog!

stephanie
www.designcocktail.blogspot.com

Girl Japan: April Marie said...

Talk about bringing mother nature indoors... woo ha! I'd love to cuddle with the Mr. next to a good book or movie and take in all the sights...

Anonymous said...

lovely place. although just think how environmentally unfriendly it could be...isn't it better to ditch the luxury when you're out there? materialism and beautiful natural scenes don't mix. Sorry to say it but most people in the developed countries (and developing countires too) forget how much we take things for granted.I disagree with people who on one hand want to experience the safari but on the other hand can't leave cleaness and comfort back home.

Southern Aspirations said...

Lovely lovely setting and rooms! Great inspiration and would love for the chance to do this trip!!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurie Blaswich said...

I am drooling !!Your blog is fun and carefree! I am new to blogging, please stop by and visit sometime. I appreciate your support !!

Fondly Laurie

Amanda said...

Steps away from an elephant with a jacuzzi tub? Um...that's a no brainer! Gorgeous! I love those canopies over the bed, but I have a feeling that they wouldn't be quite the same in my little house!

Ally said...

oh so gorgeous...

Mrs. Limestone said...

Swoon! I've been on one safari (in a place that didn't look too different from this) and it was totally amazing. Photos don't even do it justice but your post is making me want to go again (RIGHT NOW!)

Jessica Claire said...

my safari last year was unforgettable and truly magical:
http://jessicaclairesworld.blogspot.com/2009/03/welcome-to-paradise-savannah-private.html

Anonymous said...

Thank u :-) take a look this emo boy one on this blog:
http://crazy-emo-boys.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

"love the concept of this open style bathroom" ....until you slip under the bubbles with a black mamba or python?! Eeek. But sh*t! a night under that mosquito net on the candle lit deck would be totally orgasmic!

African Safaris said...

Hi,
I totally fell in love with Africa. It is unlike any other place on the planet. I can't wait to get back there

Shawn dell said...

Excellent and helpful post… I am so glad to left comment on this. This has been a so interesting read, would love to read more here…. Plains game hunting in South Africa