Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Log Home in Shenandoah

I just can't get over the deck of this log cabin.  The view, huge deck and
gorgeous stone fireplace is a dream place to hang out in.  I know it's 
very cold on the East Coast as of late.  Here's a fabulous log cabin to
show that with cold weather, you can still have a gorgeous home that's
warm and rustic. 

The front entrance is modest.

Everything down to the entire staircase is wood.

If this was my house, I'd be camped
out next to the fire with a sleeping bag!

Notice the outdoor deck wraps around the house.

Even the hood over the stove looks like wood!

There seems to be a great view from every room in this home.

A writing area on the landing of the stairs.

What a gorgeous and cozy bedroom.

The perfect rustic kid's room.

Hope this is inspiration for those of you
who are experiencing colder weather.

Photos from


Francine Gardner said...

You just hit another very sore point of mine..why can't this log home be is such a fantasy of mine to spent snowy winters reading by the fire place, enjoying the ski slopes... This loghome is truly beautiful and enchanting.

vicki archer said...

This is absolutely gorgeous....that's the way to deal with cold weather, xv.

cardinalkay said...

Outdoor fireplaces ARE the bomb. I love the house a lot. If it was mine, I'd have sprung for painted kitchen cabs, just to break up the wood a bit.

Jennifer said...

It just makes me feel warm and cozy. Beautiful home.

HMCraig said...

One of my aunts used to live in a gorgeous log cabin in the Adirondacks. It always felt like a cozy and spacious rustic fairy tale.

M.Kate said...

I'd like a retreat just like that please :)

Girl Japan: April Marie said...

Totally agree.. make me feel all warm and cozy! I'm weird, in that I love the smell of wood burning (from a fireplace of course) .. in Japan I settle for leaves burning...

Rare to have a fire place in Honshu but Hokkaido... now that is a COLD place.

Porchlight Interiors said...

Looks like the perfect place to spend the winter months! Happy weekend! Tracey xx

DesignTies said...

Oh wow -- this is one gorgeous house!! Just when I think my dream home is a bungalow by the water, now you've got me back to thinking it's a log house in the woods!!

Love it all, especially the seating area in front of the fireplace, the floors, and the light fixtures. And of course, the wraparound deck with the amazing views :-)


red ticking said...

this is such a lovely post.. being from colorado, i have such an appreciation for this style home... so happy to have discovered your blog... simply beautiful... x pam

Paula Bagge said...

What a marvellous home! Just like in Lapland in Finland.

Sharon said...

Dreamy home!

p.s: I tagged you for a Best Blog Award. The icon is on my blog. Please pass it on

la cabeza de maria antonieta said...

I just passed on the sunshine awards to you four your blog.I love it!!
Please check
of-awards-ans-accolads.html to accept it.

Red River Interiors: said...

this place is as beautiful as it is it... Fay