Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shelter Design & blog - Julie Richard's Home

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year.
I found out about Julie Richard's home through Absolutely Beautiful
Things
.  Julie Richard is an interior designer north of Boston.  Her design 
firm and blog is called Shelter.  I absolutely fell in love with her home.  
My own design taste falls very similar to hers in that it is eclectic.  
Definitely check out her post for more photos.  In the meantime, here's 
a sneak peak.  Love this chair above with the plush velvet and silver nail 
heads.  The pillows are so fun!

Love the midcentury modern styled lamp bases and the white fish vase!  
I actually have the same exact Fleur de Lys mercury glasses. 

  
Julie completely overhauled this small console.  She lacquered it black 
and replaced the hardware with chinoise influenced handles.  Totally
gorgeous.

  
The small vases have such gorgeous color - 
especially juxtaposed next to the roses.

One of my favorite things is Julie's Inspiration board.  Just awesome.

Hope you all enjoyed a peak at Julie's house.  Remember to check her
blog out if you're interested in seeing more photos.  What is your 
favorite thing from the photos above?

Photos from Shelter blog

18 comments:

Jan said...

I'm drawn to the mirror above the console, but the whole look is very very nice.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
livex lighting said...

I love the chair it is so cute.

girl Japan said...

I love the interior, I think that all my furnishings, etc is white so I can live through you vicariously with all these vibrant colors..

Karena said...

I love this decor and the inspiration borad is wonderful!

Karena

jane said...

can i move in? you're right, the inspiration board is amazing!

My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER said...

Karen,

Thank you so much for the mention today. I'm flattered!

Julie
Shelter

urban flea said...

what a cheerful home, and a wonderful blog to boot! so glad to see she has the domino book, i was lucky enough to be able to help put it together, and it's always lovely to see your work in people's lives. hope you're having a wonderful week!

xo urban flea :)
http://www.urbanfleadesign.net

Elie's Papel said...

love those red roses in the turquoise vases... have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

My New Favourite Thing said...

You have such a beautiful selection of images! Really inspiring - thanks for sharing! x

Francine Gardner said...

Enjoyed peaking at the house...thank you, Francine

Anonymous said...

how many domino books does this person own?? wow. count em... one... two...

down pillow said...

Love all the beautiful accessories throughout :)

gg said...

性感內衣,情人趣味愛蜜莉,
跳蛋影片,自慰,
情趣,情趣用品,

跳蛋情人趣味,情人趣味用品,
情人節禮物,情人趣味愛戀,
情趣用具,
跳蛋,情趣用,

按摩棒,按摩棒,
飛機杯loveoyea,吊帶襪,
自慰器,自慰杯,
情人趣味用品液,影音情人趣味,
情趣用品,情趣,
情趣味用品,情趣用具店,

按摩棒,變頻按摩棒,
電動按摩棒,按摩棒,

Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else but it is only placing the other person's webpage link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar for you.

Stop by my blog post :: paint thinner

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is great, let alone
the content!

My webpage ... colon care (acsocial.com)

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I found a sea
shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed
the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her
ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally
off topic but I had to tell someone!

Check out my homepage :: how to cure piles