Thursday, March 11, 2010

Before & After ~ Bathrooms

I adore before and after images of a space.   They really show the
power of transformation and what can one do with a space though
sheer imagination.  The above bathroom was a very mundane and
outdated bathroom that was totally redone in a clever way with a
skylight and opposing double vanities.  In wall space was very
efficiently used as storage.

Bathroom #2 just totally looks undone.

And Voila!   A gorgeous modern bathroom remade
complete with bead board and architectural details
in the bath tub surround.  Notice how a brilliant
shower curtain can totally transform a bathroom.

This was once a very upscale bathroom - you can tell by
the marble tiles.  However, its days are definitely over.

I love the organic feel of the stone wall in the shower.

This bathroom screams boring track home.

This bathroom however, totally screams custom made
bathroom with a beautiful cottage feel.  What a difference!

A complete Wreck.

And out of the wreck is born a gorgeous unisex
bathroom.  Great for the modern guy or gal.

Hmm.  Probably not to everyone's taste.

White wash it and it becomes a very classy piece.

Wow.  A throw back to the 70's. 
Talk about pink tiles.

And it becomes a classic and traditional bathroom.

Any of you out there thinkign about a bathroom
remodel.  Hope this has given you some inspiration.

Photos from


Francine Gardner said...

great post! to think I used to have such a ghastly marble bathroom....thankfully, my taste has improved. Love the stone version of the outdated marble bath.

Little Dickens Designs said...

Wow! Great transformations!

down bedding said...

I LOVE before & after's, too - thanks so much for sharing :)

Anna said...

Before and after pictures are my favorite! It is always fun to see what a good design can do. Nice post!


oh how I love transformation!
That is one big reason why I decided to become an interior designer.
Otherwise I would probably have to think of another career that involves transformation :)
Great post -Thanks for sharing!


CTSB said...

Gosh, I hope that my before and afters end up so nice. It's a long process though :)

Mary said...

Those are some great before and afters! The second bathroom in the bright green is one of my favorites of all time. I am in the process of redoing my bathroom and can't wait to finally be done!

Mandy [Mandy's Yellow Corner] said...

I love before and afters. . . that settles it, I have to follow your blog :]

karen said...

I am working on transforming 3 rooms in my house, my momcave (the porch), my kitchen and the bathroom. After looking at your blog I think I have a better idea of what I can do with my bathroom! Thanks!

Mike said...

That's the bathroom of my dreams right there. No joke.