Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Desert Retreat Part II - Sharq Village & Spa in Doha, Qatar (Dining & Spa)


A continuation of our tour through the Sharq Village & Spa in Doha, Qatar
brings us to this fabulous outdoor dining space with a fantastic view of the
shoreline.  Qatar is a peninsular nation that is attached to Saudi Arabia on
one side and lies Northwest of United Arab Emirates.




They have an upscale and chic restaurant
with gorgeous lighting and furnishings.


Love the cascading light fixtures and the tufted curved banquette. 
 Shades  of green, brown and purple seem to blend really smoothly
together.  Just gorgeous.



In this space, you know you that you're in the Middle East.


The whole property is indeed structured like
a village inside high fortress like walls.


Here is the very grand entrance to their spa called The Sixth Sense.


Love the organic and rustic feel of this washing area.


Talk about a space that is soothing, serene and beautiful.




I certainly wouldn't mind spending the day at this spa.




I'd say the pool area ain't too shabby either.  A desert may not be the very
first you think of when you think of a vacation - but a desert by the sea,
why not indeed.

Photos from Kiwi Collection and Sharq Village & Spa


7 comments:

Jill said...

Beautiful!

SPLENDEROSA said...

Definitely Middle Eastern, isn't it? Haven't been to Qutar, but almost everywhere else in the ME.
Qutar is like a "new world" isn't it? How do you like it?

RG ART & DESIGN Inspirations said...

I have one word: CINEMATOGRAPHIC!

Karena said...

I think it is utterly fabulous. I would truly enjoy a dream vacation here!

Karena
Art by Karena

Francine Gardner said...

We both share a passion for middle East Design.. This images are so beautiful...I just feel like jumping on a plane and checking into this desert retreat.
To answer your questions, yes these are my sons in Burma. I have tried to expose them to other cultures, relate to different people,adapt to any situations the world hands us.I try to travel at least once a year to Asia (my great love) and a shorter trip to Europe, South America or the US. I always have a journey for myself and these are my hiking trips, this year i will be going back to the Himalayas, to Bhutan..will keep you posted...meanwhile i am working non stop trying to get my newly relocated showroom off the ground...Hope you will be able to visit if you are planning to come to New york. Francine

Mike said...

Question was does the pool water look green?

Mike said...

Question was does the pool water look green?