Monday, April 19, 2010

A Desert Retreat - Sharq Village & Spa in Doha, Qatar (Rooms & Scenery)

Many of you know that I love to draw inspiration from around the world.
I found this fabulour spa retreat called Shaq Village & Spa in Doha, Qatar -
not your every day sort of retreat.  I gotta tell you though, it's one of those
places where you know that you are in a whole different world.  I've always
loved Moorish  design which overlaps with Islamic architecture.  Above is a
very romantic bedroom with a desert and middle eastern flair.

Here's another room with a great balcony with a fabulous view.

Can you imagine gazing at a pink and orange sunset
like this? The sunsets must be absolutely gorgeous.

Some beautifully cultivated succulents in a courtyard.

A lounge area with a variety of exotic lamps and lanterns.

I just love the rich fabrics and tones used in this room.  Some
parts of Moorish design seems to overlap at times with the
Indian use of colors and intricate cut outs for windows.

The high ceilings of the buildings reminds me of a fort in the desert.
The scale of the place must be grand and like a city within a wall.
More photos to come of this place later in the week.

Do any of you share my love of Moorish design?

Photos from Kiwi Collection and Sharq Village & Spa


Inspiring Us said...

Chic interior with worderful king size beds! Especially I like canopy.. mmm.

Yoli said...

Swooning over the sunset.

Francine Gardner said...

As you may know, I love Moorish designs and am inspired by the textures, the colors. Would love to go and stay at this hote, looks and feel so camel would be ready for the ride in the desert.....I am nuts for camel riding in the takes a few days though of rather sore legs and (butt)

Titti @ Shoestring Pavilion said...

To answer your question - I DO!!!! Love Moroccan/Indian/Moorish style and colors, in fact the posts you do with this kind of style are my absolute favorite part of your blog.

I love this style so much that I'm trying to recreate it at my home while documenting the process on my blog, all on a shoestring and using materials easily found in the States. I'm just starting out but you might be interested in checking it out -

Thanks for the beautiful pics, keep up the good work!

RG ART & DESIGN Inspirations said...

Hi Karen,
I totally agree with you... those rooms make you really feel in another world! How exentric details and sexy colors! LOVE IT!
I can't wait for new pictures!


A Casa da VĂ¡ said...

Wow that is dreamy...

Karena said...

I absolutely love it, take me away to this resort anytime!!

Art by Karena

Jan said...

That pink sunset is stunning !
(Thanks for your recent comment & observations Karen) x

M.Kate said... be there, feels like heaven for sure.

Mike said...

One of things that sucks about pictures is it's just pictures. You don't get to actually be there.