Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Dose of Color II - Colorful Objects of Inspiration

Just got back from Mexico - got sun, got relaxation and got mosquito bites!
Anyhow, thought I might give everyone a dose of color inspiration drawn
from objects and photos instead of room images.  I must admit that I'm
enamored with most shades of magenta, purple and plums as you can see

Flowing fabric and textures are something else that I love.

Color in a modern Asian themed interpretation.

An eclectic and colorful room full of personality.

Colored plastic trays and bowls can make quite a fun combination.

If you have open shelves, fill them with color!

Monochromatic schemes can be very dramatic against a white backdrop.
(Photo by Eric Roth, Kelly McGill's Interiors)

I've always loved lanterns - ever used ones that float on water?

I love this very clever advertisement by Osborne and Little.

As always, Trine Thorsen's photos are always super colorful.
Just can't bear to take my eyes away from all that color!

Hope this post has brightened your day.


M.Kate said...

Going to Mexico sounds heaven and sounds like going to moon to me..something quite unreachable for the moment. Glad it's good and as usual, visual overdoses here is much anticipated :) happy week ahead...

Karisha Solomon said...

I just love the bird houses! So colorful and unique.

The Buzz said...

Gorgeous color and inspiration and you nailed the Mexican flavor! Love the Asian inspired color theme - I'd love to know who makes those pillows!
~ Carolyn

Anonymous said...

The Asian inspired pillows are lovely ! Who makes them ? Thanks

Jan said...

Absolutely loving these choices Karen.
Welcome Back !

Iva said...

such a beautiful post! I love colors! this has brightened my day for sure!

twin xl said...

LOVE all the vibrant cheery colors!

Karena said...

Karen, inspiration beyond. Love the color palettes in the first images especially!

Art by Karena

Ruby said...

You did brighten my day...always do with your blogs! Where or where did you find the bright Asian pillows?? If they are there in SF do tell, and all info cause next time I drive down would LOVE to get one!

Also love the cottage baths in the blog above this one ....what dreamy spaces!

Mélanie said...

Everytime I come back from Mexico , I am like you full of colors in my head. All these photos are very inspiring !!

Jessica said...

like you, I love love love pink and purple, throw in some turquoise and chartreuse and I'm in heaven!!

I found my way here from the most recent post at little blue deer - I love these images as they are the perfect inspiration to help me with some areas in my bedroom and in my spare room - but I can't find them on your blog - help?

Tiina said...

cool colors! it's so summery, and sumemr is just round the corner :)