Monday, April 12, 2010

Lighting - Fun Light Fixtures and Lamps


When designing a room, many people overlook the power
of lighting.  Everyone remembers to put in the a couple of
lamps and maybe a light fixture or pendant, but not many
people move beyond that.  One of the few designers that
uses lights as an integral part of their design is Candace
Olson.  What she does with lighting is just amazing.  In the
mean time, I just wanted to share some fun light fixtures
and lamps for some inspiration.

I love the color of the lamp fixtures and the feminine curves
above.  Heather Bailey.




If you want some drama and a splash of color in a room,
you really can't go wrong with this hot pint chandelier.



How about mixing traditional with the glam and
look of sparkling crystals?  It's a fun juxtaposition.



Or you can go with a modern twist on a crystal chandelier.



Colored glass adds color to any room whether it be
in the form of a vase, bottles or a glass chandelier.


I absolutely adore the look of mercury silver.
Here's a fantastic example of one.  The room
above is designed by Nate Berkus.



An all metal lamp in a more traditional form.



If you can't find a lamp that's perfect, there's
nothing wrong with making your own lamp
by using a huge bottle or vase and taking it
to a specialty lamp store that can wire it
for you.



Here's a fantastic modern rendition of a lamp with
rococo styling by Shine Home.  So very cool.  It
reminds me of one of those fancy French cakes.
Like an accessory that would belong in the modern
version of Marie Antoinette's bedroom.



For those of you who like simple and modern, lamps
like these can be covered in any fabric or paper of
your choice to make your own look.

Hope this has given you some inspiration
for lighting in your home.


18 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm loving the hot pink chandy. Stunning!

chair up said...

Definitely some inspiration here. I love that design by Nate berkus.
Angex

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Love the blacks whites and reds.

Mrs C said...

Love the black and white light shades in the bottom pic...definitely food for thought for me ;-))

Inspi said...

The first lamp is very suitable for spring! It's something like season lamp.

InspiringUs said...

The firs lamp is very suitable for spring!a kind of seasonal lighting

Cristin said...

What a lovely round-up!

xo,
cristin

La Boheme said...

This is a beautiful post. Great lighting fixtures make such an impact in a room. Thank you!

The Buzz said...

Love the splash of color and daisies in Heather's chandelier - what a fun way to add a bit of whimsy (and light!) to a room.

Viive said...

Oooh, the hot pink one is eye-catching!
I am such a big fan of Christopher Spitzmiller's lamps because I feel like I can always find exactly what I am looking for. Even if I dont know what I am looking for.
http://www.christopherspitzmiller.com/lamps.asp

pinkstilettos said...

I really like the first green fixture....this would good in a craft room or little girls bedroom! Daisy~

Tiina said...

oh those are really beautiful, specially the metallic lamp!

have a sweet day :)
tiina
www.elcestockholm.blogspot.com

Red River Interiors: said...

Wow! These are fun lighting fixtures... I just did a post on lighting today...ck me out... Fay

Jürgen said...

It would be difficult to choose one!. The ceiling lights are wonderfully baroque ... Although I've always loved chandeliers and Murano glass

Jenn Lee said...

I agree, so many people under estimate the power and statement lighting makes in a space. I love love love the bright chandilers!!

Jenn Lee

anne said...

I am such a big fan of Christopher Spitzmiller's lamps because I feel like I can always find exactly what I am looking for. Even if I dont know what I am looking for.The ceiling lights are wonderfully baroque ... Although I've always loved chandeliers and Murano glass

PeaceLoveApplesauce said...

Oh, I love the hot pink one!!

Kat said...

The pink chandelier is screaming to me! Super love! The black striped pendant also caught my attention. Gorgeous babies :) I just love home lighting fixtures. They make a house stunning.