Thursday, June 10, 2010

English Immersion - An Colorful Twist in a Truly British Home


For kicks, I wanted to share this colorful and totally over the top English 
home.  I can't say that I could live in a place like this home but I certainly
would stay in a place like this as a guest or an upscale bed and breakfast.
The decor really makes me feel as if I'm in a different era.


It's like a home that belongs in a book or novel.


It has that feel and ambiance to it.


Antique furnishings paired with a super saturated Yellow.


Old paintings, vintage blankets and lamps...


Plates, vases and chests...One can tell the owner of this home is
definitely a collector.  It's definitely one way to showcase everything -
cover the entire wall with collections.


Take a look at the huge arrow above the bed.  If anything, 
the owners are very consistent in their style and taste.


And the grand finale.  This room totally looks like it comes from another
time and era.  I would love visiting a room like this.  I can imagine for kids,
they would be exploring all the things in the room.  The floor is nearly 
entirely covered with rugs of all sizes - it's really incredible.  It really 
transports one to another sort of reality - feels like a room from the past 
and it looks like it's a room filled with history.  I can't say that I'd live in a 
place like this but it certainly sparks the imagination which is something
I love about it and the reason I wanted to share it.  

A penny for your thoughts on this place?

Photos by 1st Option London

22 comments:

...y un poco de diseño said...

wowwwww!!!!!!

Jessica said...

These pictures, especially the last one, look like an I Spy book!

I'm fairly new to your blog and am quite enjoying it!

kate said...

thanks for the wonderful photos
love them
kate

Denise said...

Through all this maze of antiques and 'stuff' I found some great ideas-! Tx for the post.

Denise

Tricia Rose said...

My thoughts? I couldn't get past fervent relief than it's not mine to dust...

Ruby said...

I could so live there...beautiful! have always enjoyed such places, and looking at them takes me away!

the cardigan-inn said...

Love this!! Especially the last one. I could definitely live there if I would have help cleaning and dusting the place.

Alkemie said...

Isn't it Fun? Thanks for all of your thoughts!

Visual Vamp said...

Truly the art of layering exists in English style like this!
Love it!
xo xo

Teacats said...

Love every fascinating inch! What a marvellous place to hear all of the stories that must accompany such wonderful items -- think of the parties! They MUST be interesting people -- and simply live in their own True-to-Themselves style!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

naomemandeflores said...

Great pics of a great place!

dovecote Decor said...

Yikes! I agree, I could never live there!

SPLENDEROSA said...

They must have moved from a very large home and down-scaled.
xx's

Hello Lover... said...

Love the framed dishes!

Francine Gardner said...

I so agree with you, I would love to spend a week end in any of the bedrooms, especially the third one.....the last living room...I am not so sure, i would be worried that a ghost would be waiting somewhere in a corner...

Jen said...

I love all of these rooms! Oh, those beds!!! Sigh :)

Shannon Fricke said...

Too much for me too - but fab for a weekend! Great blog.

Shannon Fricke said...

Too much for me too - but fab for a weekend! Great blog.

Jeanne said...

What I want to know is who lives there?? Is this a woman decorating a home or a man decorating a B&B...the mystery deepens:)

jeanne

butiksinredningar said...

Lovely

London Lisbonite said...

Good grief, I don't think I could last 10 minutes in the last place without trying to tidy things away! That said, it's a fantastic design - one of those "great to visit" places? I ADORE the arrow though, I'd like to get my boyfriend one to put above his fireplace...any ideas where they can be bought?

Mike said...

I personally love how the room looks like it came from another time and era.