Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fabric, Patterns and more Fabric!

I recently discovered a fabulous fabric store through a friend of mine.
You could literally lose time and spend hours browsing it (I'm telling
you I did!)  The vast array of designs, patterns and colors are just 
wonderful.  You can order many of the fabrics in different weights
 depending on what you plan to do with the fabric.

I must admit that I got carried away - here is a tiny sampling of what 
I found on the site SpoonFlower.com

The above is sort of a steam punkish cello pattern that comes in 
more than one color.  Love it!

Here's a bookstore fabric pattern.

I love this whimsical fabric.

It's loads of fun.

Air mail anyone?

How about vintage looking stamps?

An owl mural?

Or a gray and white owl pattern?  The ruler on the side is to 
give one an idea of the scale of the owls on the fabric.

This chairs one is so fun!


Here's a great owl pattern for a nursery.

Love the colors in this one.

At first I thought these were colorful prayer flags but they are
more like colorful quilt fabric pieces.

What a pretty color scheme.

Talk about vivid sea life and colors.

Gothic anyone?

Although this fabric is darker, I love the drama 
of it.  If you enjoyed any of these fabrics, check
out the site SpoonFlower.com

As many of you know, I just can't resist a fantastic
book and I just love that this book covers only 
projects that require a yard fabric - genius.  Now
you can find ideas for those fabric scraps!

 Amy Butler is well known for her midcentury modern 
decor and fabrics.  This book focuses on fabric centered

And for those of you who have young ones or who have
baby showers coming up, this is a great book for sewing
projects for little ones.

Photos from SpoonFlower


ceo said...

Wonderful post.. I am going to check out that Amy Butler book!


Francine Gardner said...

These prints are great fun, especially for kids rooms

Ingrid in Bj! said...

Wow what a range of fabrics. Love the whale one. Must check Spoonflower out. Thanks for the great post.
I x

Ingrid in Bj! said...

Wow what a range of fabrics. Love the whale one. Must check Spoonflower out. Thanks for the great post.
I x

Karisha Solomon said...

I was looking at the Ikea catalog this morning wishing I could find some funky fabrics for some projects I am working on. You made my wish come true! I am in love with the musical instruments with the gear pieces and have the perfect person for them.

diane@onlinefabricstore said...

Spoonflowers is a great resource but check out our selection of discounted Amy Butler fabrics here

Design Elements said...

wonderful post!

Karena said...

I adore the sea life and the gothic. wonderful color palettes!!

Art by Karena

JWK said...

Thanks for the fabric recommendations! Always love finding new fabrics!!

chair up said...

A local blog friend here on the Gold Coast (Australia) sells through spoonflower and her designs are incredible. Her blog is www.kristopherkdesigns.blogspot.com
Love the postage stamp fabric and delighted to see 3 stamps from my homeland New Zealand included :o)

Anonymous said...

"This is in fact my incredibly 1st time here, and that i must say that is a truly wonderful web site. I've uncovered a great deal of fascinating stuff within your site specially in its discussion. From all of the fantastic feedback on your posts, it seems like that is a very effectively favored web website. Retain up the great function."

M.Kate said...

Hello Karen..you know what..I have been obsessing over fabrics and buying too much on etsy. I read about this spoonflower thing and will check more on it. BTW, I want them all...those fabrics you posted..too gorgeous. Happy weekend ...hugs.M

Anonymous said...

But the coolest thing about spoonflower is you can design your own fabric!

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

I love Spoonflower! I am just about to post about the 4 fabrics I designed myself there- It is so much fun and so exciting to see your own textile arrive at your door. The fabrics you pictured are so fun.